View all facilities

Bigelow Park

Features

  1. Boat Dock
  2. Picnic Shelters
  3. Picnic Tables
  4. Playground
Bigelow Park is located at the north end of Middleground Island and is approximately 9 acres. The property for the park was donated in 1929 as a gift from Charles Bigelow, who operated a large sawmill on the riverfront. Additional land was purchased by the city in 1949. It was not until 1991 that it was developed into a park. The park contains an extensive footbridge that crosses the river channel and connects the park to Veterans Memorial Park and the riverwalk. Playground equipment and a pavilion were constructed by the Bay City Lions Club. The pavilion is frequently rented for family reunions, company picnics and other social events. The north end of Middleground Island also contains a Victorian-style building leased to the Rowing Club as a clubhouse, a Boys and Girls Club facility, and a transient boat dock.

If you wish to contact the Bay City Rowing Club, access their webpage.